NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA - Fiat 1100
Benvenuto nel forum ufficiale del NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA.

Se non sei ancora registrato, clicca in basso su REGISTRARE; la registrazione è gratuita.
Se invece sei un utente registrato, clicca su CONNESSIONE per accedere al forum ed interaggire con gli altri appassionati

BUONA NAVIGAZIONE

Unisciti al forum, è facile e veloce

Benvenuto nel forum ufficiale del NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA.

Se non sei ancora registrato, clicca in basso su REGISTRARE; la registrazione è gratuita.
Se invece sei un utente registrato, clicca su CONNESSIONE per accedere al forum ed interaggire con gli altri appassionati

BUONA NAVIGAZIONE
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.
Community

Ultimi argomenti attivi
» cinture di sicurezzai
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyLun 25 Mar 2024 - 16:30 Da davidec7

» Termometro temperatura fiat 1100D
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyLun 25 Mar 2024 - 15:59 Da dottorboj

» Fiat 1100 103 G del 62
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyMar 12 Mar 2024 - 20:02 Da Amedeo

» Fiat 1100 103 G del 62
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyMar 12 Mar 2024 - 19:47 Da Amedeo

» Passeggiata ad Acerenza Sabato 23 marzo 2023
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyDom 10 Mar 2024 - 21:32 Da dottorboj

»  vendo fiat 1100 103 familiare 1954
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptySab 9 Mar 2024 - 21:19 Da bertimoreno

» Nuovo sito internet
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyVen 1 Mar 2024 - 20:03 Da dottorboj

» LA mia "nuova" 1100 D
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? EmptyMar 13 Feb 2024 - 19:47 Da davidec7

Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right?

3 partecipanti

Andare in basso

Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? Empty Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right?

Messaggio  alexb1406 Gio 21 Ago 2014 - 20:52

Ok - I finally managed to get pictures to show

Hi all, I've just joined the forum and having fun trying to translate some of the Italian - but I have a couple of questions for anyone who knows.

I live in the UK and a few years ago imported an 1100 Export from Italy.

Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? 2012-012

1.  In the picture below, is the rocker cover correct?  I've seen a few pictures of aluminium covers but I wonder if this is something from another car as most appear to have the steel covers.
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? 2012-010

2.  Is the speedometer correct for this car?  It has a light for the water warning.
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? 2012-013

3.  Where is the transmitter for the temperature warning light situated on the engine?  This photo below can't be correct!  Someone has drilled a hole in the cover and screwed this in place - wrong thread and fixed with ptfe tape.  I have seen some photos of the sensor on a flange at the back of the head, but my car doesn't have this flange.  So where does it fit?
Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? 2014-010

Your help would be appreciated, thank you.
Alex

alexb1406

Numero di messaggi : 2

Torna in alto Andare in basso

Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? Empty Re: Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right?

Messaggio  Michelone Ven 22 Ago 2014 - 6:24

Hi, alexb1406, and congratulations! It's a very beautiful car.
1) The speedometer is right. The warning light of water temperature is right (it's colour is red), because thermometer was never fitted, by Fiat, in 1100 Export dashboard.
2) The colour of the original rocker cover is dull black, the material is pressed steel.
3) The transmitter for the temperature warning light is not right.
Michelone
Michelone

Numero di messaggi : 280

Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right? Empty Re: Rocker cover, Speedometer, and Temperature transmitter - Are these right?

Messaggio  alexb1406 Ven 22 Ago 2014 - 11:10

Thank you Michelone - it is a very original car, never restored, and with no rust.  It is also supposed to be a genuine 31k kilometres, but I am not so sure about that.

So I guess someone must have replaced the rocker cover.

There is still the question about where the temperature sensor is fitted on the engine for the light.  Can anyone show me a photo of the position?
I think the one for a gauge (thermometer), when fitted was in the intake manifold but I can't see where the one for the light goes.  I think (but correct me if I'm wrong) that it does not go into the water, but it detects the temperature of the metal - but where?

I would also like to change the speedometer to one that reads miles - not kilometres, and this would be right for the UK.  According to what I have read these have a thermometer for the water and that would also be a good modification.

alexb1406

Numero di messaggi : 2

Messaggio  Frederico Castro Gio 20 Nov 2014 - 10:49

I've seen many rocker covers like that one. They are replacement and usually fitted to 1100TV/Stanguellini/tuned engines/etc...

Keep it.

Regards

Frederico Castro

Numero di messaggi : 6

Messaggio  Contenuto sponsorizzato

Contenuto sponsorizzato