NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA - Fiat 1100
Benvenuto nel forum ufficiale del NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA.

Se non sei ancora registrato, clicca in basso su REGISTRARE; la registrazione Ŕ gratuita.
Se invece sei un utente registrato, clicca su CONNESSIONE per accedere al forum ed interaggire con gli altri appassionati

BUONA NAVIGAZIONE
Community

Ultimi argomenti
» consigli rifacimento motore fiat 1100 103h
Sab 9 Dic 2017 - 21:40 Da norton74

» manuali x 1100
Gio 7 Dic 2017 - 17:53 Da dottorboj

» Manuali officina Fiat 1100 D
Gio 7 Dic 2017 - 17:52 Da dottorboj

» cercasi : cerchi 1100 103 E TV / borrani record 4x14
Mar 5 Dic 2017 - 21:26 Da stefgin

» Luce targa e bagagliaio
Ven 24 Nov 2017 - 11:34 Da mdeodati

» Molle sospensioni anteriori
Mer 22 Nov 2017 - 12:57 Da ETTORE

» cromatura roma
Lun 20 Nov 2017 - 15:24 Da mdeodati

» Pompa benzina 1100 h 02/1960
Sab 18 Nov 2017 - 18:35 Da davide albertoni

Assicurazione

- CONVENZIONATI -

La polizza assicurativa per
appassionati e collezionisti.

Escluse CAMPANIA- PUGLIA
CALABRIA
ABBIGLIAMENTO
Polo e t-shirt
personalizzate
NUOVA MILLECENTO
CLUB ITALIA
------------------------
tutte le info sul nostro sito
alla sezione SHOPPING
Gadgets promozionali

Portachiavi personalizzato
stile anni 50/60
-- TERMINATI -- 
----------------------------
tutte le info sul nostro sito
alla sezione SHOPPING

Stanguellini Formula Junior

Vedere l'argomento precedente Vedere l'argomento seguente Andare in basso

Messaggio  LUIGINO GORI il Sab 2 Mag 2009 - 17:46

I would like to ask Fiat 1100 enthusiasts from the forum who have information on the modifications done to the 1089cc engines, used on the Stanguellini Formula Junior cars, from 1957 to 1960. (With respect to camshaft profile specifications, compression ratio, exhaust diameter, cooling, etc)

The web link to the Stanguellini Formula Junior is; http://www.qv500.com/stanguellinifjp2.php

Happy motoring...... Smile
LUIGINO GORI
Special User
Special User

EtÓ : 49
Numero di messaggi : 27
LocalitÓ : SOUTH AFRICA
Modello Fiat 1100 : I am the proud owner of a 1965 FIAT 1100D, R.H.D, assembled in South Africa, which my father bought on 18th September 1965, and has been in the family ever since new.

In previous years, I owned another 2 FIAT 1100D cars and have become very passionate about these cars.

I have a lot of technical experience with these cars and my knowledge extends to my personal contact information and research with the Premier Automobiles Ltd in Kurla, Mumbai, where the FIAT 1100D was remanufactured as Premier Padmini.

During a trip to India in 2004, I did a lot of research on these cars and have taken very interesting photos, including the CNG gas conversion kit fitted to the taxis and the Premier 1.37D, which has a diesel engine, but not FIAT engine, it is a Peuqout engine.

In my travels throuhg Africa in 1998, I saw many old FIAT models in Ethiopia and Egypt.

My FIAT is mechanically 100%, although the bodywork needs to be restored.

I hope to share interesting thoughs on all FIAT 1100 models, and happy and proud to be a MILLECENTO member.

Ciao Luigino

Vedi il profilo dell'utente

Tornare in alto Andare in basso

Re: Stanguellini Formula Junior

Messaggio  1100inNZ il Sab 9 Mag 2009 - 5:15

Hi Luigino, there's at least one Stanguellini here in NZ - I've been in contact with the owner... I'll need to look through old email messages and hopefully I can find his name so I can put you in touch... Hope all's well with you. Kind regards, John.

1100inNZ
Socio Onorario
Socio Onorario

EtÓ : 55
Numero di messaggi : 531
LocalitÓ : New Zealand/Nuova Zelanda
Modello Fiat 1100 : 1100-103 D - 1961

Vedi il profilo dell'utente http://www.nuovamillecentoclubitalia.it

Messaggio  1100inNZ il Sab 9 Mag 2009 - 6:48

Hi again Luigino... This is what I heard from Roger Herrick - rherrick@ihug.co.nz - last year... he owns a Taraschi...

The Taraschi is on the container to Australia to race there but not with me driving as I have work commitments that conflict.
There are several other Fiat engined Formula Juniors in NZ (all close by here in Auckland). There is a 1958 Volpini, a 1960 Stanguellini plus another 1960 Stanguellini that is under restoration (ex Pedro Rodriguez ex Mexico). We all help each other out but parts are getting difficult to get.

Do drop a line to Roger. I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear from you.

Kind regards, John.

1100inNZ
Socio Onorario
Socio Onorario

Hello

Messaggio  LUIGINO GORI il Dom 10 Mag 2009 - 17:52

Thanks for the information John.

Kind Regards
Luigino.... Very Happy
LUIGINO GORI
Special User
Special User

EtÓ : 49
Numero di messaggi : 27
LocalitÓ : SOUTH AFRICA
Modello Fiat 1100 : I am the proud owner of a 1965 FIAT 1100D, R.H.D, assembled in South Africa, which my father bought on 18th September 1965, and has been in the family ever since new.

In previous years, I owned another 2 FIAT 1100D cars and have become very passionate about these cars.

I have a lot of technical experience with these cars and my knowledge extends to my personal contact information and research with the Premier Automobiles Ltd in Kurla, Mumbai, where the FIAT 1100D was remanufactured as Premier Padmini.

During a trip to India in 2004, I did a lot of research on these cars and have taken very interesting photos, including the CNG gas conversion kit fitted to the taxis and the Premier 1.37D, which has a diesel engine, but not FIAT engine, it is a Peuqout engine.

In my travels throuhg Africa in 1998, I saw many old FIAT models in Ethiopia and Egypt.

My FIAT is mechanically 100%, although the bodywork needs to be restored.

I hope to share interesting thoughs on all FIAT 1100 models, and happy and proud to be a MILLECENTO member.

Ciao Luigino

Messaggio  stoljak il Gio 1 Mar 2012 - 23:04

information on the modifications done to the 1089cc engines, used on the Stanguellini Formula Junior cars, from 1957 to 1960. (With respect to camshaft profile specifications, compression ratio, exhaust diameter, cooling, etc)

Hi Lugio and others,
I would like to refresh this interesting topic. In the late 50's and early 60's many teams used the 1100/103 engine in Formel Junior cars. That ended, with the intro of Ford Cowentry Climax DOHC engines in the 60's.

The 1100 TV Berlina and the likes were those years GTI cars. It would have been fun to discuss how we can create more power to our 1100/103 engines. Also lets start building a Knowledge base here at the Forum.

I surely know that some must be using hotter cams in todays classic rallies. To my knowledge Fiat did not supply hot cams themselves. But many tuners in Italy, like Stanguellini and Nardi did deliver tuning kits for the 1100. Today I guess they only can be found as used parts at autojumbles ?

Todays topic would be to take a look at the Camshaft Profiles used in those days:

MAKE Intake Intake Exhaust Exhaust
-BTDC ABDC BBDC ATDC
Fiat Normal 16 56 56 16
Stanguellini 30 73 70 27
Nardi-A 16 56 56 16
Nardi-B 23 60 65 20
Nardi-C 30 70 70 30

As you can see;
Nardi made 3 different kits for 1) Road use, 2) Fast road use and 3)
Race competition.
The Normal kit was like Fiat's Normal Cam. The 3 kit Nardi-C was close to Stanguellini Cams.

I hope this gave some starter insight into the "Elaborazioni" 1100/103.

I hope there are some experts out there who could contribute to take this knowledge information further and post to the forum.

best regards
Nils

stoljak

Numero di messaggi : 11
LocalitÓ : Oslo, NORWAY

Messaggio  1100inNZ il Gio 1 Mar 2012 - 23:37

Hi Nils

I would also be interested in further info on how to "hot up" the 1100 without doing too much "damage" to its originality. There are some threads on here about 1100s used in races/rallies - in some cases quite recently -and I have asked for info about what modifications were done to the vehicles...

However, I should say that most of the Italian members of the forum/Club seem more interested in keeping or returning their vehicles to factory spec... mainly I think due to the requirements of ASI - the Italian classic car club....

All the best, John.

1100inNZ
Socio Onorario
Socio Onorario

Messaggio  stoljak il Mer 7 Mar 2012 - 19:58

1100inNZ ha scritto:Hi Nils

how to "hot up" the 1100 without doing too much "damage" to its originality.
All the best, John.

Hi John,

There are a few tricks available to hot up the Fiat "1100/103".

As you know they propelled early Formel Juniors, and Italian GT variants.

Two or three paths may be reccomended. At the best, you may be able to prepare a car that could reach 160 km/h - and accelerate from 0-100 in 14 - 15 seconds.
In the first step you should be able to prepare the car to about 65 hp at 6000 rmp.
If you like, I may share some info about this with you later.

Some pictures would be nice too. But I have not found out how to upload pictures to this forum. I have clicked above on the button "hosted pictures on the web". But I cant see them in the preview. How do I do ? Do you have some hints for me ?

best regards
Nils

stoljak

Numero di messaggi : 11
LocalitÓ : Oslo, NORWAY

Messaggio  1100inNZ il Gio 8 Mar 2012 - 8:22

Hi Nils

Good to hear back from you. Posting images is not too hard... when you know how. You need to click on the little icon that comes up with "hosting una immagine" which is 10th from the right (has little pic of disc over image). You then upload the pic to the image service (you may need to register) and then paste the link into your message. It should work quite easily.

Hope this helps... If any problems, let me know...

Any info would be very much appreciated!

All the best, John.

1100inNZ
Socio Onorario
Socio Onorario

Messaggio  Contenuto sponsorizzato